*opens the door and staggers through, out of breath*
*claw-marks visible on the walls of the room I just exited*
Guys. . .
. . . I’VE BEEN TAGGED.
*screams and almost scratches the walls again*
Yes, yes, I know, I’m overreacting, but GAHH IT’S JUST SO EXCITING.
Okay, time to start talking like a normal person now, Dekreel. . .
Super special thanks to my dear chair-melting dragon friend, Danielle, for kindly tagging me! In return, I give you. . . all those obsolete 2000s telephones for you to melt. Nobody uses those anymore. 😉 (better make sure nobody’s using them though, just in case. . .)
So first off,
~~ The Rules ~~
- Thank the blog you nominated for the award. I did that, right? Yah, I did. Cool. . .
- Answer the questions they give you. This should be fun. . .
- Give 11 fun facts about yourself. Oh, no. . . Better start churning my little grey cells early. . .
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award and give them 11 questions to answer. O.O I’ll tryyyyy. . . Not sure if I even know eleven bloggers, and I’m TERRIBLE at these kinds of questions.
~~ The Interview ~~
*rubs paws* Here we goooo. . .
Have you ever written on top of a mountain? If not, what’s the highest place you’ve written?
O.O A mountain sound like the most epic place to write EVER. Unfortunately, I’ve never written on a mountain, nor do I live anywhere close to writing on a mountain.
Well, there was that one time I kept a journal on our family vacation to the Rockies. Does that count??
If you had to make a choice to give up the Summer forever or Winter forever, which would you leave far behind?
. . . Okay, that’s hard. My first instinct was summer, but summer is HOT. It’s not fun being a Southerner sometimes. . .
But winter here is stupid. Snow is so rare that everyone panics when it happens even a tiny bit. Like the sky is falling.
Okay, maybe not like that. But you get the point.
Anyway. . . Hmm. . . Y’know what, I’m just gonna leave them both behind and stick with spring and autumn. Not too cold, most importantly not too hot, juuuust right.
Which is your favorite gif?
. . .
. . .
Courtesy of a dear friend with a Case to Solve (You know who you are. . .). 😉
If the villain of your current WIP knocked on your door, what would they want to talk about the most with you?
*gets wave of nervousness*
Do I even have a current WIP?!
Okay, we’ll stick with an oldie then. -_-
Well, he’d knock on the door, I’d answer it, but he wouldn’t say a thing. He’d just stare blankly at me like he has no personality whatsoever.
You know your WIP failed. . . . . . o.o
If you had to give up Pinterest or Goodreads, which would it be?
I don’t use Goodreads (yet?), so I guess I don’t have a choice, do I? I’d be really sad to give up Pinterest, but it’s not like my life depended on it.
. . . I think. . .
What’s the one source that’s been the most help to your growth as a writer?
Well, I’m not exactly a full-fledged writer, but one thing that keeps me motivated to write the little I do is other people. There’s nothing I enjoy more when it comes to writing, as well as art, than gifting my friends with my work, asking them for critiques and asking them for encouragement through the storms of self-doubt. The people on Kingdom Pen, The Aetherlight, Story Embers and Christward keep my gears oiled and turning. I couldn’t have done it without all of you. You guys mean so very much to me. I mean it with all my heart. <3 <3
Which book in the Bible is your favorite?
Oyy, that’s hard. I think my two favorite books right now are Philippians and 1 John. Our pastor has been walking us through 1 John since the beginning of the year and it contains some really heavy stuff. It’s the book that brought him to Christianity, in fact. As for Philippians, I haven’t read it front to back recently (I really should), but from what our church has studied from the past, there is some awesome advice and truth packed into it.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
It depends on the strength of the woodchuck, and the weight of the wood. If the woodchuck has a good, strong arm, I’m guessing he could probably chuck a pound of wood about. . . say. . . a foot and a half or so away from where he’s standing.
Of course one could also interpret the phrase “how much wood” as “How much wood in a certain amount of time could the woodchuck chuck?” Well, assuming once again that the woodchuck has a good, strong arm, and that he’s had a half-hour or so of practice, I estimate that he could probably chuck one 1-pound block of wood every four to six seconds, this fraction decreasing (a.k.a the time increasing) as his arms get tired. Therefore, he could chuck approximately 12 blocks of wood a minute.
That’s assuming, of course, that my math isn’t wrong, which is quite possible. Also, I know next to nothing about woodchucks. 🙂
If your house was built out of books, would it be a very big house or would you have to shrink to accommodate it?
I’m assuming you mean books I like and I’ve actually read as opposed to two thousand books I stole from the library without giving a second thought to the covers.
Well, that’s a problem. I like big houses, and I’m also not a bookworm. My house would be a huge jumbled mess of American Girl and Happy Hollister books from my childhood as well as comic books, graphic novels and the scattered historical fiction and fantasy. And spiral notebooks.
Lots and lots of spiral notebooks.
I’d imagine my house would be sort of wide, but not tall. You’d have to stoop a little because of the low ceiling. 😛 Apparently I need to read more books.
What’s your favorite group activity/game to play?
There are so many! Interactive group activities are my favorite kind of game. I guess I’ll just pick one from the blue then (I might regret this later. . .). In our youth group we used to play this super fun game called “Psychiatrist.” One person is IT and leaves the room, while everyone else sits in a circle. They all have to choose one “problem” or condition that they all have (e.g. everyone is the person to their left, or their dads, or a brand of potato chip. . .), and when IT comes back into the room (s)he has to guess the condition by coming up to individual people and asking questions like “How old are you?” and “Are you alive?” and “What’s your expiration date?” It’s a lot of fun. We’ve thought up so many creative conditions in our day.
What do you do to survive the ravages of winter?
Uhhh, eehhheheheh. . .
. . .heheheheheeheee. . .
Ohh, very funny, Danielle! “Ravages”! As if! Hahahah. . .
Aaaaahuuuhhh. . . yeah. The only winter ravages we face around here is bitter, mind-numbing 40-degree-Fahrenheit cold for about two weeks. And mayyyyyyybe a day or two of below-freezing temperatures. Maybe. And a snowflake or two once every ten years.
(Okay, I might have exaggerated that last bit a little. . . . just a little. . . .)
So how do I survive those occasional lapses when it really almost does feel like a traditional winter? Well, a traditional winter here is so rare, that I just grab my coat and run outside, not giving a cog about surviving. BECAUSE IT’S SNOWING IT’S ACTUALLY LIKE SNOWING IT’S A MIRACLE!!!
Great questions. Now for. . .
~~ Eleven Fun Facts About Myself ~~
- I have never put milk on my cereal in my entire life. Seriously! Cereal is finger food to me!
- I eat ice out of ice trays, averaging like ten ice trays a day. It’s sad. I have some pretty severe pica going on (the official term is “pagophagia” which basically means I eat way too much ice). XP
- I have Asperger’s syndrome, which most likely explains the pica.
- Last night I fell asleep while I was listening to Ravel’s “Bolero”, and I woke up to “It’s You” by TobyMac.
- My favorite dream I have had so far involved me getting lost in a random neighborhood at night and then going down a water slide in the middle of nowhere. It was. . . fun.
- My favorite YouTuber is Alan Becker.
- I now have “It’s You” stuck in my head. 😛 Really, brain? Good thing it’s a great song.
- I used to be obsessed with an old anime canine version of Sherlock Holmes. I was a weird child. . .
- Once upon a time, my name used to be pronounced “Di-KREEL” before somebody on Kingdom Pen said she pronounced it “DEE-kreel” and I decided I liked that better (Thanks, Miss Fellow-Kapeefer, you have saved me from a lot of awkwardness. 😉 ).
- I have only tried one raspberry once in my life. I don’t remember how it tasted. . . (I know, I’m betraying you guys, aren’t I? I am ashamed. . . 😛 )
- I have officially memorized sixty digits of pi. I’m such a nerd. . .
Well that was a lot easier than I thought it would be! 😀
~~ I Shall Tag. . . ~~
Nuts, didn’t make it up to eleven. Welp, honestly I’m rather glad I came up with this many people.
What?! I have to make up my own questions now?! *panics*
~~ Do Tell ~~
- Why would a woodchuck chuck wood in the first place?
- If you had the ability to travel back in time, but could only stay in that time for one hour before warping back to present time, “to when” would you go?
- Would you rather live in Antarctica for a year, or the Sahara Desert for a year?
- Give the most random use for a cucumber.
- You get to rule the world for five seconds. What do you do?
- Pick one of your OCs (Original Characters) and give him/her a camera. What does (s)he take a picture of first?
- If a man in a creepy half-mask started calling for you on the other side of your mirror, would you follow him in?
- Describe the perfect ice cream sundae.
- If you could design a t-shirt, what would you put on it? What color would it be?
- What is one thing you love about God?
- Pick the GIF that describes the taste of coffee in the most creative way.
*wipes brow* I did it!! That actually went a bit better than I expected. What did you guys think? Did I do all right for my first try? What’s your opinion concerning the mysterious wood-chucking woodchuck?
Hope you guys enjoyed! Beast out. *collapses into bed*