Sometimes I think I need someone to smack my phone out of my hand, drag me off the couch, tie me to a chair and force me to face my responsibilities. Fortunately Evelyn and Jenna were kind enough to shoot me an application for an imaginary assistant that can do exactly that. I highly appreciate that, girls, thank you.
Without further ado!
APPLICATION FOR IMAGINARY ASSISTANT
provided by author assistant agency (A.A.A)
- Thank the person who tagged you and link back to their blog. (links above)
- Link back to the creator of the tag: the brilliant Mariposa and her trusty dinosaur!
- Please answer the questions so the A.A.A. can find the right assistant for you.
- Tag 5-10 bloggers who need assistants (and if they don’t need them, tag them anyway).
1) What type of creature/species would you like your assistant to be (human, animal, dragon, dinosaur, figment of your imagination, etc.) and why?
Ever heard of a Shade Fox? (probably not unless you use Habitica like I do hahah)
2) What do you want your assistant to look like?
About the size of a fennec fox except smaller ears. Mostly black fur with white “socks” on his paws and tail, and a white belly. And glowing red eyes. 🙂
3) What qualities are you looking for in an assistant (responsible, lovable, exasperating, etc.)?
Sweet; adventurous; lovable; persistent and forceful when he needs to be.
4) What job(s) would your assistant be in charge of?
Make sure I take care of myself, I guess. Wakes me up if I’ve been sleeping too much, drags me to bed if I’m staying up too late. Snatches my phone away and pulls the plug in the computer if I get too distracted/lazy, makes sure I don’t leave my seat until I get my work done, yet is kind enough to fetch me a drink or a snack. Basically he’s my little daily planner.
Plus when I’m drawing he can help me decide which colors and shading patterns etc. to use. When I’m writing he makes sure everything is grammatically correct and I didn’t misuse a word. He would also be helpful if I can’t think up the right word to describe something. And when I’m feeling down he can show me my favorite Bible verses and remind me to spend more time in the Word and in prayer.
5) What would you like your assistant to be named?
How about. . . “Olly”. ^.^
6) What would you feed your assistant (candy, books, pickles, etc)?
Mainly cooked meats, but also bits of eraser that come off when I erase something. They fly everywhere and I’d hate to let them go to waste. If he’s especially good I’ll treat him with pencil shavings from sharpening pencils.
7) How would you pay your assistant and what benefits would you offer as compensation for their work?
Food, shelter, protection from the cats, lots and lots of snuggles and kisses. 🙂
8) What special abilities would you like your assistant to have (i.e. ice powers to freeze writer’s block, super strength to break writer’s block, or super stupidity to stare at you while you’re having writer’s block)?
Ability to come up with that one word that I can’t remember but it’s on the tip of my tongue and it’s driving me crazy and AAAAAAAAUGHH. Can also climb very well.
9) Where would you like your assistant to be from (Jurassic Park, Narnia, your head)?
The wonderful world of Habitica! (Come to think of it, I should write a review on that website. It’s pretty awesome. *ponders*)
10) Will you solemnly swear that you will not fire your assistant in either sickness or in health, for richer for poorer, smarter or stupider, writing or not writing, for as long as you both shall live?
*lifts right paw*
I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL NOT FIRE OLLY THE SHADE FOX IN EITHER SICKNESS OR IN HEALTH, FOR RICHER OR POORER, SMARTER OR STUPIDER, WRITING OR NOT WRITING, AND FOR AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE.
Thank you for filling out the application for Imaginary Assistant provided by a.a.a. You will receive your assistant as soon as your imagination lets you.
Tagged individuals: Please note that you are not forced to take as much creative liberty with this tag as I did. 🙂
Do Tell! Did you enjoy this tag? Would you like an assistant to help run your life and keep your creative work accountable?
Hope you’re having a great July so far!
“OLLY! STAY OFF THE KEYBOARD!!”
Excuse me, this little dude needs a bit of training. . .