Okay, this place accumulated way more dust than it should have. 😛 So after a month of silence I think it’s time that I (attempt to) resurrect this blog. I guess I could do a tag, but I’ve done a lot of them recently so I kind of want to hold back for another post or two.
I hate it when I can’t think of anything to write about besides tags. Don’t get me wrong — you guys have given me (and shown me) some really cool ideas, but I don’t have the confidence to do them myself yet.
I’m in a phase where I’m doubting my jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none ways again.
I could have an art blog, but there are more skilled artists out there, so why bother?
I could have a writing blog, but I’m not writing anything besides a role-play that I’m already posting on a different website anyways.
I could have a book blog, but I don’t know if I’m big enough on books to manage that.
I could have an art, writing and book blog, but then I feel like I’d just come across as someone whose only purpose in life is to try to please and satisfy every single one of her peers. I lived that kind of life growing up. . . and it almost never worked out.
Anyway, I probably ought to write something, so today I’m going to give a general update on life.
- I tried doing my second Inktober last month. . . and failed after eight days. It was a lot of fun while I was doing it, and I knew I had the ability to draw something everyday, but. . . honestly I’m not sure what happened.
*Mister Self-Doubt cackles evilly in the shadows*
- I volunteered at a fall festival earlier this month. I tried dressing as the Scarlet Man during my free time, but the security guard didn’t want me to cover my face. So I ended up dressing up as a generic fantasy girl in a red cloak. Better than nothing, I guess. 😛 (As it turns out, cloaks are actually very, very, very annoying.)
- My sister is doing NaNoWriMo! She isn’t even a writer — she just randomly decided to do it this year! She’s a mystery. As for me, I’m not doing NaNo — I know for a fact I wouldn’t be able to keep up two thousand words a day.
(Update: Turns out my sister bailed. It was too much for her to handle. I guess I don’t blame her. 😛 )
- I’m making slow progress on my art commissions. I’ve been taking them from Instagram as well as The Aetherlight. I’m not sure why it’s taking so long to get through them — I guess I just have low self-confidence. To the people who gave me commissions: I’m so sorry for the wait! I would appreciate some patience. I do love drawing for other people, but again, I have low self-confidence in my abilities.
- I’m binge-reading The Chronicles of Narnia. Beforehand I had only read three-and-a-half of them years ago, so I’m getting them all done! So far I really like them. Lewis has a great writing style. I’m currently on Prince Caspian, and I’m enjoying it a lot. 🙂
- I’m binge-watching the Star Wars movies. I had watched episodes four, five and six many, many years ago (six ruined my childhood), I saw episodes seven and eight in theaters, and I checked out Rogue One from the library. But I decided this wasn’t enough to be a true Star Wars fan, so I’ve been re-watching all of them in order (mostly). The last one I finished was episode two, and the next one I’m going to watch is “Solo” because it was the only Star Wars movie I could find at the library. 😛 I’m hoping to get all the existing movies finished by the time episode nine comes out in theaters.
- MY AUNT IS GOING TO BUY ME A PLANE TICKET SO I CAN VISIT HER AND I CAN’T COMPREHEND AAAAAAAUGH
- I started a Christmas list. I’m one of those rare people who still has long Christmas lists long after their childhood years. I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but. . . 😛
- The Weaver Trilogy is officially on the top of my TBR list. The more I’m hearing about this series, and the more I see people getting excited about the third book coming out, the more desperate I am to get my paws on it myself. It sounds amazing, and I wish I had the money to grab myself a copy.
If you don’t know what I’m talking about, The Weaver Trilogy is a series by Lindsay A. Franklin. The third book is coming in May, and basically I can’t wait even though I haven’t even read either of the other books yet.
- In fact, I think I’ll just list out my TBR list, because honestly this is the first time I’ve ever had such a long one. Thaaaaaaanks, Goodreads. 😛
- Weaver Trilogy by Lindsay A. Franklin
- Guts by Raina Telgemeier
- Pretty much all of Nadine Brandes’ books
- Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen by Millie Florence (After reading Honey Butter, I desperately need this book in my life.)
- Adorning the Dark by Andrew Peterson (YAAAAAAS WINGFEATHER GENIUS)
- Sabre Black by A.N. Parker (crossing my fingers!!!)
- The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- 100 Days of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons
- Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
- Many, many, many other books. 😛
(I just typed “Andrew Person” and it took me way too long to notice )
That’s pretty much it for now. It was a lot of fun! I would love to do something like it at the end/beginning of every month, but I don’t know how I would structure it. Did you like the bullet-point format? Is there something I could have done differently?
Do Tell! What was the highlight of your month? Anything coming up that you’re excited about? Are you doing NaNoWriMo? How is it going for you?