Happy Thanksgiving, m’peeps! How are you celebrating this wholesome holiday? I’m staying home with my family. Not super exciting, but I know we’ll make a great time out of it. 🙂
I’m writing this post in a flash because I felt like writing and I couldn’t think of anything else to talk about. So get ready for some scattered thoughts. 😛
One of my favorite things to do on Thanksgiving is talk about things I’m thankful for, so here’s a list, because lists are cool.
I am thankful for. . .
- God. Not to sound cliche, but I am so thankful for what He has done for me this year. He has transformed me for the better in ways I could have never imagined, and I owe it all to Him. He is truly a good and powerful God worthy to be praised.
- My parents. My mom and dad are both incredible, and so resilient. They care so much about my sister and me, and they have never given up on us when we have been unfaithful to them. I wish there was a way for me to repay them for all they’ve had to go through with us stubborn autistic teenagers.
- Trustworthy friends. Just a couple Sundays ago I was in a situation at my church that potentially could have turned dangerous. I don’t want to go into much detail here, but all I’m saying is, if a friend hadn’t been there and saw me in that moment, I might have gotten hurt. She and her husband (an elderly couple) saved me in the nick of time. They have both been very good friends of mine for years, and I am so thankful for the wisdom and encouragement they have brought me.
Mr. T and Mrs. R, if you’re reading this right now, thank you so much for everything. I love you!!! <3 <3
I have several other great friends that I could talk about (including my online peeps!), but I just wanted to highlight this amazing couple. Maybe I’ll do a more extensive post about friends in the future. 🙂
- A roof over my head. It’s small, it’s cluttered and it’s very very messy, but I take it for granted. It has living space, electricity, internet. . . all these things we tend to not really think about. We’re privileged in many ways. In addition, there was a time when I thought we might lose our home. God protected it, and ever since then, I’ve been low-key grateful.
- Cool weather. Show of hands from my fellow southerners? 😛
- Food. Enough said. 😉
- Pets. Great friends and entertainment sources.
- Good music
- Fresh water
- Man’s creativity
- Means of transportation
- Good education
- Mom’s pancakes
- The steampunk genre (has literally been my jam ever since I discovered the smokestack seven years ago)
- The internet (to an extent)
- The invention of tissues (I’ve been getting allergies a lot over the past few weeks.)
- Carnival rides
At this point I can’t think of much else. It’s almost time for the special dinner anyway — Mom’s setting the table right now. So. . .
perfect timing! XD
So what are some things you’re thankful for this year? Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Favorite Thanksgiving dish (mine is mashed potatoes)? Talk to me!!
Thankful for you all! ^.^